We are looking to add an exceptional new individual to the team in New York. We look forward to hearing from you!
This opening is for an Early Stage Investment Associate (pre-MBA). This is a 2 year position.
LOCATION: New York City
We are also hiring a LA-based Associate. Find more information here.
REPORTS TO: Partner
Greycroft is a seed-to-growth venture capital firm that partners with exceptional entrepreneurs to build the world’s most transformative companies. We have deep experience investing in consumer and enterprise technology sectors around the globe and work as a team to support and advise entrepreneurs, empowering them to execute on their vision. Greycroft manages over $2 billion in capital and has made over 300 investments, including Acorns, App Annie, Axios, Bird, Boxed, Braintree, Buddy Media, Huffington Post, Icertis, Plated, Scopely, Shipt, TheRealReal, Thrive Market, Trunk Club, and Venmo. For more information please visit http://www.greycroft.com.
- Evaluate potential investments in early stage (Seed-Series B) companies through financial due diligence, market research, and competitive analysis
- Assist in the preparation of fundraising documents, investment memos, and investor updates
- Manage/document meetings with entrepreneurs, portfolio company management meetings, and general deal flow
- Represent Greycroft at industry events/conferences and support the local entrepreneurial community through active involvement
- Minimum of 1–3 years of relevant experience, including but not limited to investment banking, management consulting, venture capital, technology, or startups (preferably in product management or engineering)
- Excellent analytical, writing, and quantitative skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Polished abilities with Excel and PowerPoint
- Authentic passion for technology industries and deep respect for entrepreneurship
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment with incomplete data
- Compensation is market competitive
- This role is designed as a two-year position for pre-graduate school professionals
Please submit your short written answers along with your resume using the link below. These will be due by 5 PM ET on November 20, 2020. Late submissions will not be reviewed. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
From the initial submissions we select a smaller group for telephone interviews and then a set of finalists for in-person meetings. We expect the process to be finished by mid-winter, and candidates should be available to start work soon thereafter.
Here are the questions:
Question 1: Why are you interested in the associate role at Greycroft? [max 1000 characters]
Question 2: What is an early-stage company Greycroft should evaluate for investment (less than $20MM of capital already invested) and why do you find it interesting? [max 2000 characters]
Greycroft LP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.