Greycroft is looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial Community Manager to join our Platform Team. In this role, you’ll create, lead, and execute Greycroft’s community strategy which focuses on creating meaningful connections for and among portfolio companies to help founders and enhance the Greycroft brand.
Greycroft is a seed-to-growth venture capital firm with over $2 billion in capital under management and 200+ investments to date including Acorns, Archer Aviation, Bright Health, Bumble, Flutterwave, Icertis, Public, Scopely, Shipt, Thirty Madison, The RealReal, Venmo, and Yeahka. Our team has the privilege of partnering with exceptional entrepreneurs to build the world’s most transformative companies.
Greycroft’s offices in Arts District area of downtown Los Angeles or Midtown Manhattan
Role and Responsibilities
- Shape and define Greycroft’s community strategy and obtain buy-in from key internal stakeholders
- Create and execute a well-structured operating plan with specific priorities, measurable goals, defined dates, and KPIs
- Oversee and implement tailored CXO events to create connections among portfolio company executives
- Identify relevant topics and organize subject matter expert webinars for portfolio companies to help accelerate their success
- Help support business development events, functional corporate councils, and board director matching
- Develop and execute Greycroft’s content strategy to showcase Greycroft’s expertise to the broader tech ecosystem and provide meaningful insights and actionable advice to entrepreneurs
- Create and run processes to facilitate intra-portfolio knowledge sharing to help founders address start-up challenges
- Serve as a “voice of the entrepreneur” by cultivating relationships with founders and other portfolio company executives
- Measure how portfolio companies feel about Greycroft and what founders want from Greycroft
- Identify and implement systems and processes to manage, engage, and track Greycroft’s engagement with key community stakeholders
- Help shape Greycroft’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategy and leverage the Greycroft community to support DEI goals
- Share key insights from portfolio company interactions with Investment and Platform Teams
- Support Investment Team in making key introductions to portfolio company executives to support due diligence and help win deals
- Support Finance & Ops team in collecting key KPIs from portfolio
- Partner with Head of Events to identify and execute events that support community strategy and goals
- Partner with Head of Events and Platform Director to create community around co-investors, including venture capitalists, and angel investors
- Partner with Technology and Data Science Team to create and manage community-related database(s) and CRM
- Create and manage ad hoc initiatives and projects
- Periodic travel for in-person events and meetings
- 5+ years of overall work experience
- 3+ years in a relationship driven role with events and/or marketing focus
- Venture capital or early-stage startup experience is a strong plus
- Experience successfully building and scaling a community capability from the ground up in a fast-paced business is a strong plus
- Proficiency in modern software and platforms
- 4-year college degree at a top academic institution
- Strong intellectual horsepower. Superior abstract reasoning and analytical skills. Creative thinker who finds innovative solutions to obstacles.
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable with ambiguity. Makes decisions and moves initiatives forward.
- A team builder, team player and leader who creates loyalty, trust and following. Collaborative attitude and desire to contribute outside primary areas of responsibility. Inspires others and highly respected.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Articulates concepts in a clear, structured, and succinct manner. Adjusts communication based on the audience.
- Results-driven with bias for action and commitment to excellence. Self-directed, rolls up the sleeves and engages in all activities with sense of urgency. Gets it done on time, every time. Organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Thrives in fast-paced environment of constant change. Manages numerous time-sensitive matters simultaneously. Positive, resilient, and open to candid feedback. Listens to and considers alternatives.
Apply to our Community Manager role here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Greycroft is an equal employment opportunity employer. We foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Greycroft will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance and any other applicable federal, state, or local laws.